This Committee develops and delivers training and educational opportunities across the Section. It’s your opportunity to share your expertise and advance your career.
The Committee consists of a Chair and at least three additional members.
It is recommended that the Education Committee have representation from across as many aspects of the membership as possible, including large utilities, small utilities, government and training providers.
The Vice Chair shall act as the Board Liaison.
- Study issues related to the development and delivery of technical training for operators
- Consult with AWWA, training regulators and providers
- Provide guidance to the Section on all training and certification issues
- Provide AWWA representation on regulatory and industry bodies related to training and certification.
- The Committee Chair is encouraged to report on the activities of the Committee for use in the water publication which may be used by the Section from time to time.
- Members of the Committee are encouraged to submit seminar topics and speakers for the Conference and/or Seminars.
- Review and act in accordance with Strategic Plan.
- Prepare and submit to the Board (via the Board Liaison):
- Proposed Committee budget for the following year (to be submitted prior to the Annual Meeting)
- Year-end Committee report (to be submitted by the end of the calendar year)
- Committee Work Plan for the following year (to be submitted to the Board in advance of the winter Strategic Planning meeting).
- Meet at least once a year.
- Meet several times each year by conference call and/or electronic media/mail.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
The Chair shall serve for a two-year term, which may be extended upon mutual acceptance by the Board and the Chair. Additional members of the committee may serve longer periods, as determined by the Committee Chair.
|About Us||Board List||AGM||Strategic Plan||Seminars||Networking||Contact Us|